Phlebology – Beginners
Friday, 9 September 2022
50 EUR Members / 150 EUR Non-members
Ass. Prof. Felizitas Pannier (DE)
Dr. Laura Fischer (DE)
Dr. Liselot Vink (NL)
The participants will be introduced to the main principles of phlebology.
To start the following will be explained and discussed:
– the anatomy and physiology of the lower limbs,
– the diagnostics and investigations used by phlebologists,
– the therapy of varicose veins according to the newest guidelines, including sclerotherapy.
Afterwards, participants will be divided in 3 rotating groups for hand-on learning of
– production of sclerosing foam,
– injection of spider veins,
– duplex guided injection techniques.
Injection models are used to practice injection techniques and foam production will be demonstrated and performed by the participants themselves.
In addition, there will be time to discuss questions around indications, techniques, side effects and results of sclerotherapy.
At the end of the workshop the participants:
- will have refreshed the anatomy and physiology of the vascular system of the lower limbs,
- will be able to make the positive and differential diagnosis of vascular diseases of thelower limbs,
- will know how to perform several therapeutic procedures used in phlebology (e.g. sclerotherapy).
Level of proficiency:
This course is designed for beginners in phlebology: anatomy, examination and treatment (i.e. sclerotherapy), as well as for anyone who likes to refresh their knowledge in this field.
Varicose veins, classification and diagnosis – Liselot Vink
Sclerotherapy of varicose veins – Felizitas Pannier
Is pigmentation of lower legs always CVI? – Laura Fischer
Sclerosing agents and production of foam (Laura Fischer)
Sclerotherapy of subcutaneous varicose veins and spider veins (Felizitas Pannier)
Detailed examples of the venous anatomy (Liselot Vink)
KEEP IN TOUCH
Stay informed about latest EADV information.
Congresses, Education, JEADV, Membership, Newsletter...
YES, KEEP ME INFORMED
of Dermatology and Venereology
Via S. Balestra 22B
6900 Lugano Switzerland
+41 91 973 45 20
Copyright 2022 EADV
Only trust information from our official website: eadv.org