Phlebology – Advanced
Friday 9 September 2022
50 EUR Members / 150 EUR Non-members
Ass. Prof. Dr. Felizitas Pannier (DE)
Prof. Dr. Eberhard Rabe (DE)
Prof. Dr. Sorin Tiplica (RO)
The participants will be introduced to the advanced signs of chronic venous disease, including explanations and discussions of:
– the pathophysiology and clinical picture of chronic venous disease, post-thrombotic syndrome and venous leg ulcers,
– the skin changes in venous disease of the lower leg,
– the sclerotherapy of varicose veins according to the newest guidelines.
Afterwards, the participants will be divided into 3 rotating groups for hand-on learning of:
– production of sclerosing foam
– injection of spider veins
– duplex guided injection techniques
Differential diagnosis of skin changes in venous disease and venous ulcers
Injection models are used to practice injection techniques and foam production will be demonstrated and performed by the participants themselves.
Differential diagnosis of skin changes in venous disease and of leg ulcers is learned by discussing pictures of clinical cases.
In addition, there will be time to discuss questions around indications, techniques and side effects and results of sclerotherapy and other venous techniques
At the end of the workshop the participants:
1) will have refreshed their knowledge in pathophysiology and clinical picture of chronic venous diseases,
2) will know how to perform sclerotherapy in spider veins and subcutaneous varicose veins,
3) will know how to differentiate between different leg ulcers and skin changes of the lower legs.
Level of proficiency:
This course is designed for dermatologists who have already some knowledge and experience in diagnosis and treatment of venous diseases who would like to refresh their knowledge in the field or to update their knowledge in modern sclerotherapy and diagnosis of venous skin changes.
Chronic venous disease, PTS and venous ulcers (Eberhard Rabe)
Skin changes in venous disease (Sorin Tiplica)
Guidelines of sclerotherapy (Felizitas Pannier)
Sclerosing agents and production of foam (Sorin Tiplica)
Sclerotherapy of subcutaneous varicose veins and spider veins (Felizitas Pannier)
Differential diagnosis of skin changes in venous disease and venous ulcers (Eberhard Rabe)
KEEP IN TOUCH
Stay informed about latest EADV information.
Congresses, Education, JEADV, Membership, Newsletter...
YES, KEEP ME INFORMED
of Dermatology and Venereology
Via S. Balestra 22B
6900 Lugano Switzerland
+41 91 973 45 20
Copyright 2022 EADV
Only trust information from our official website: eadv.org